23.1.15

Slow Cooker Recipe: Lentil Soup

Because I will soon become a mother of 2 and because I already cook 3 different types of meals (that includes one for myself) for my family, I've decided that I need to find an easier, faster way to make healthy foods that I can divulge in without putting in the hard work.

Earlier this week, I decided I needed something healthy in my body after giving in to unhealthy pregnancy cravings all week.  Lentils were in the cupboard along with some handy ingredients to make this soup come to life.

As of right now, I am eternally grateful to whomever invented the "slow cooker".  This handy device saved me lots of time and effort and even made me look at peas in a different light.

Here's what I threw in the slow cooker:

p.s.  I did not measure any of the ingredients, so use your discretion when adding these ingredients


Lentils
Water
1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
1/2 of Chopped Garlic
1 Cup of Chopped Mushrooms
1/2 Cup of Chopped Onions
A Sprinkle of Seasoning Salts or vegetable bouillion cube

You can also add: white or sweet potatoes for more of a hearty soup.


Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate